|
In its history the Bulls Head has had at least three names. The other two being the “Church House” in 1813-14# and the Wright’s* Arms in 1815. Reference “Ale House Keepers 1629 - 1828” a book in Wilmslow library lists the following on page 28-29:
Bulls Head (1)the significance of (1)&(2) and dates indicate two separate pubs.; which was the other? William Pownall 1770-1812, James Worthington 1813-14#, John Foden 1815-17, Thomas Foden 1818-21, James Foden 1822, Thomas Foden 1823-28 Bulls Head (2) Thomas Warburton 1753-74, Richard Higginson 1775-78, Samuel Brasgirdle 1779-81, George Cragg 1782-86, Samuel Peacock 1787-97, Samuel Chapman 1799-1802, John Wright* 1803-25, John Norbury 1826-28
|